The purpose for the establishment of ALGOA is to facilitate the 100% adoption of organic agriculture in Asia.
- ALGOA pursues activities with IFOAM Organics Asia to achieve the adoption of organic agriculture in Asian countries.
The following activities of ALGOA are based on the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that have been signed among the founding local governments and IFOAM Asia.
- Policy Support for countries developing Organic Agriculture
- Information Exchanges on the best practices and innovations on Organic Agriculture
- Mutual exchanges of local government personnel / experts & organic stakeholders
- Education for local government officials on organic agriculture
- Hosting of the Annual ALGOA Summit